Sunday, January 22, 2012

24 Hours Later..

Friday I woke up in Maine, Saturday I woke up in Atlanta and today I woke up in Bonaire.
I arrived around 5pm yesterday. 7 of the other students had already arrived in the early morning. They had a day of exploring and swimming. The other 6 had delayed and even cancelled flights.
I was able to unpack and just hangout until dinner..which was deliciously catered by our cook. After dinner we played trivia and then we walked into town to a very cool bar on a dock. We were all exhausted from traveling so we all only got one drink...we call them baby beers because they're 9 ounces and very cute, they only cost $3.
Today we're still waiting for some kids to get here, I think we'll go snorkeling and spend some time in the sun (don't worry mom I'll wear sunscreen).

Here are a few pictures of my new home for the next 104 days!

My house

My room

Backyard

Our 10ft wall with barbbed wire and glass bottles on top. My room is throught that archway.

Our kitchen/living room

And another sitting area

Off to the beach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment